People sometimes ask: “If I go bankrupt will the trustee take all my income?” Well the simple answer is NO. But to understand that answer you need to wade through some layers of legal complexity. While you go through bankruptcy, the trustee is required to monitor your income to see if maybe some part of it should go to your creditors. Remember, you have stopped making any payments directly to those creditors, so they are not getting anything...
FREE Non-commitment Consultation
Recent Blog Posts
- A Person in Toronto Asks -Should I Go Bankrupt?
- What happens to my tax refund in a bankruptcy or consumer proposal in Brampton?
- Can I Include Income Tax Debt In My Bankruptcy in Durham, Ontario?
- What is the minimum debt required to Declare Bankruptcy in Scarborough Ontario?
- Can I Cancel My Personal Bankruptcy in Toronto, Ontario?
About Richard Killen & Associates
Since 1992, Richard Killen & Associates, a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, have helped thousands of people resolve their financial problems. With 25 years experience in this industry, our president, Richard Killen, and the rest of our team understand the difficulties that honest people can sometimes find themselves in. This expertise makes it possible to provide you with a service that effectively deals with the issues.