Nothing can make for a frostier breakfast conversation than revealing your financial woes have led to bankruptcy. Fuelling the tension of guilt and anger is the fear one spouse filing for bankruptcy is going to drag down the other. But if you do file for bankruptcy does this automatically affect your spouse? The short answer is no. Each person is responsible for their own debts. So if your spouse hasn’t co-signed a loan or guaranteed your debt,...
FREE Non-commitment Consultation
Recent Blog Posts
- A Person in Toronto Asks -Should I Go Bankrupt?
- What happens to my tax refund in a bankruptcy or consumer proposal in Brampton?
- Can I Include Income Tax Debt In My Bankruptcy in Durham, Ontario?
- What is the minimum debt required to Declare Bankruptcy in Scarborough Ontario?
- Can I Cancel My Personal Bankruptcy in Toronto, Ontario?
About Richard Killen & Associates
Since 1992, Richard Killen & Associates, a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, have helped thousands of people resolve their financial problems. With 25 years experience in this industry, our president, Richard Killen, and the rest of our team understand the difficulties that honest people can sometimes find themselves in. This expertise makes it possible to provide you with a service that effectively deals with the issues.