No your bankruptcy does not effect your spouse. Only assets owned by the bankrupt are included in the bankruptcy. If assets are jointly owned with a spouse, then the bankrupt’s portion may have to be sold and distributed to the creditors. It is important to make the Trustee aware of joint assets so that each case can be reviewed individually.
Does bankruptcy affect my spouse?
How Is My Spouse Affected If I Go Bankrupt?
More Questions Answered In Greater Detail
What factors determine if bankruptcy is the best solution for me?
Who will know about my bankruptcy?
How does bankruptcy affect my wages?
What happens with respect to my taxes?
If I go bankrupt, will I need a lawyer?
Will I ever be able to get credit again?
What is a Trustee?
Are student loans discharged in bankruptcy?
Contact Richard Killen
FREE No Commitment Consultation
Contact us now for a fresh start!
“Serving Toronto & the GTA for over 25 years.”
Recent Blog Posts
- How to Qualify for Installment Loans with Bad Credit in Canada
- Do Not Cash IN RRSP's To Pay Taxes Owed In Ontario
- Do You Owe Taxes Based ON CERB Benefits?
- File Your Return by April 30, Even If You Cannot Afford To Pay Taxes Owed
- Facebook Live Webinar: "Getting debt help: Where to go when you face financial difficulties"