What is the minimum debt required to Declare Bankruptcy in Scarborough Ontario?Posted on: June 27, 2018
In this video, Richard Killen, a Licensed Insolvency Trustee in bankruptcy in Scarborough Ontario talks about the minimum requirements for personal bankruptcy in Ontario.
I often am asked by people in Scarborough, what is the minimum debt before I can declare bankruptcy in Ontario? Many people feel that if they do not owe that much, perhaps its too low to get a trustee involved.
Legally, whether it is in Scarborough or anywhere else in Ontario, the minimum you must owe is $1000. Of course there are other qualifications as well. However as far as the actual amount it is only one thousand dollars. Therefore, as long as the amount you owe is greater than the minimum, you qualify to use the bankruptcy act.
We welcome any questions you may have on bankruptcy, debt counselling or consumer proposals in Ontario.
Contact us for a fresh start (416) 285-9511
Contact Richard Killen
FREE No Commitment Consultation
Contact us now for a fresh start!
“Serving Toronto & the GTA for over 25 years.”
Recent Blog Posts
- How to Qualify for Installment Loans with Bad Credit in Canada
- Do Not Cash IN RRSP's To Pay Taxes Owed In Ontario
- Do You Owe Taxes Based ON CERB Benefits?
- File Your Return by April 30, Even If You Cannot Afford To Pay Taxes Owed
- Facebook Live Webinar: "Getting debt help: Where to go when you face financial difficulties"